The following announcement describes an upcoming web conference - November 1, 2017 - that is being presented by the American Democracy Project (ADP), an initiative of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU). The webinar will feature the editors of the book, Teaching Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines.
Join AASCU's American Democracy Project on with the editors of the new book
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. EST
Elizabeth Bennion, Elizabeth C. Matto, Alison Rios Millett McCartney, and Dick Simpson, the editors of this 2017 American Political Science Association publication, will share with participants a review of the goals, challenges and rewards of integrating civic education into the curriculum, while highlighting best practices across disciplines and campuses. The publication includes a diverse group of 38 contributors who approach civic engagement education from many perspectives and this webinar – as well as the text and accompanying website — is a great resource for any educator.
Key topics will include:
- New FREE Resources for You: Using the Book & Website to Maximize Civic Learning Outcomes
- Foundations of Civic Engagement Education
- Teaching Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines
- Civic Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Teaching Engagement: A Status Update and Agenda for the Future