Come Tell It Like It Is! A Discussion on Prosperity and Opportunity
According to the National Issues Forums, the recovery from the 2007 recession for many Americans may still feel very remote or nonexistent. Many Americans believe in the idea that if you work hard you should be able to prosper. How should we spread prosperity and improve opportunity?
This forum will consider this national issue and various courses of action that can be taken to alleviate the problem. All participants must remain respectful and courteous of others’ opinions and ideas. The discussion will be facilitated by a staff member or volunteer of the Library.
The forum is free and requires no registration to attend. Materials and literature about this issue will be provided at the host library, while supplies last, or access the materials at National Issues Forums: Issue Guides. While it is encouraged to read the material before the discussion, it is not required.
Join us for our other discussions listed below taking place in each of the City of Austin Council Districts at a hosting library. For additional information, contact Marcos Martinez at email@example.com or at 512-974-9859.
- 6:30-8:30 PM, Tuesday, May 14 | Carver Branch | Opioid Epidemic
- 6-8 PM, Sunday, June 2 | Pleasant Hill Branch | Immigration
- 6:30-8:30 PM, Thursday, July 18 | Little Walnut Creek Branch | Immigration
- 6-8 PM, Monday, Aug 12 | Manchaca Road Branch | National Debt
- 6:30-8:30 PM, Thursday, Sept 12 | Central Library | Our Political System
- 6:30-8:30 PM, Thursday, Sept 12 | Central Library | Opioid Epidemic
- 6-8 PM, Monday, Sept 23 | Old Quarry Branch | Immigration
- 6-8 PM, Tuesday, Nov 12 | Spicewood Springs Branch | Opioid Epidemic
No supporting documents were uploaded by the moderator