Celebrate Constitution Week with a National Issues Forum
As Americans commemorate the adoption of the U.S. Constitution on September 17, the National Issues Forums Institute is connecting with a wide range of partners to promote opportunities for deliberative forums on campuses and in communities on issues with close ties to the study of the Constitution. This ongoing initiative known as With the People will encourage deliberative forums around the country during Constitution Week from September 16 to September 22.
To support these efforts, the National Issues Forums Institute will provide complimentary discussion guides on a wide range of public issues:
• Elections: How Should We Encourage and Safeguard Voting?
• Policing: Ensuring Equal Justice and Fair Treatment
• Free Speech and the Inclusive Campus
• Immigration in America
• Youth & Opportunity: What Should We Do for Future Generations to Thrive?
• A New Land: Historic Decisions from the Spring of 1787
In addition to nonpartisan, multi-perspective discussion guides, NIFI will provide complimentary support materials to help those who are organizing these deliberative discussions:
• Guides for moderators and convenors
• Slides for use in online forums
• Post-discussion questionnaires
• "Constitution Connectors" guides that provide Constitutional context for forums on elections, free speech, and immigration
This Constitution Week initiative is based on the idea that democracy is strengthened when citizens, institutions, and governments find ways to work with one another on public issues that impact our lives. Learn more at www.nifi.org/en/with-the-people. For questions, please contact us at email@example.com.